Genode/NOVA+Multiple VMMs Seoul / VBox

Roger Ferreira rogerdff at ...16...
Thu Sep 10 21:55:57 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,

First of all thanks for your time and patience.

I struggled with inumerous attempts.

First I checked how you built the tc-browser.gz.

Instead of cpio / gunzip, you did a disk image which I could reproduce with dd and mkfs.ext2.

But I kept using cpio / gunzip and advdef in the end to build the final gz.

Finally I managed to produce a "working version" with qemu-TC only, and then with qemu-Genode/Seoul-TC.

What I noticed it that there must be a SIZE limit for the INITRD file.

Initially it was as big as 256 M, which then I reduced close to 100 M.

But only when I got close to 46 M, like tc-browser.tc, it worked.

I don´t if this limit depends on qemu, could not find further info.

Unfortunatelly, I don´t know yet why, but TC does not do the login. It ends with login prompt.

I tried different boot codes, checked the INITRD files, folders, permissions, etc.

With your version of bzImage / tc-browser.gz works nicely!

------

I understood how seoul-wm-cli.run is configured, with the inlined representing the vm_seoul.cfg .

I will try to see later the new setup you created.

------

What I realized so far, is that this setup with Seoul-Customized TC is more complicated than I expected.

I will try to go back with the VirtualBox examples and see if I can do with the CLI monitor the same,
replacing Seoul with VBox.

I still need to have some GUI to Manage (view / control) the VMs.

For me it is much easier to have a ISO as VM.

Regards,

        Roger