exploring Mesa in Genode

Jamey Sharp jamey at ...343...
Fri Sep 4 21:04:14 CEST 2015

Hi Norman!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Norman Feske
<norman.feske at ...1...> wrote:
> On 03.09.2015 23:22, Jamey Sharp wrote:
>> My current test laptop has a CardBus slot but not ExpressCard, as far
>> as I can tell; does that matter?
>
> Yes, as long as the serial device appears as a PCI device, you are fine.
> You can find this topic discussed in Section "7.7.3. Log output on
> modern PC hardware" in our documentation [1].
>
> [1] http://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-15-05.pdf

I've switched to a ThinkPad X220 and enabled AMT on it, but I haven't
been able to get amtterm to work. amttool successfully resets the
machine, and I can use the AMT web interface, but amtterm consistently
reports:

amtterm: NONE -> CONNECT (connection to host)
ipv4 10.0.0.1 [10.0.0.1] 16994 connect: Connection timed out
amtterm: CONNECT -> ERROR (failure)

How can I troubleshoot this?

> Btw, in the meantime, I have started to work on porting the Intel KMS
> driver from Linux 3.14.5 to Genode. The code in Linux' drm/i915/ changed
> substantially since my original GPU experiments. So I am building a
> fresh driver environment for the new version rather than attempting to
> update the five-year-old driver. However, right now, I am focusing on
> the video-mode-setting side of things, not the GPU.

Cool! What's your timeline for that work? I'm going to be at the X.Org
Developers' Conference, September 16th-18th, and would like to give an
informal presentation on the state of graphics drivers in Genode. If
you have stuff I can show off for you by then, I'd be delighted to.

Jamey