Noux application

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Oct 20 21:37:46 CEST 2015

Hello Joseph,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 05:15:29PM +0200, Joseph Lee wrote:
> Now i am trying implement the solution you have suggested me, but I have an
> error. I place a file in a ram_fs file system and permit access to the file
> system to a Noux process. I got the following log messages when I tried to
> access the file from the Noux process. The name of the Noux process is
> test. Appreciate if someone can help.
>
>    no RM attachment (READ pf_addr=0 pf_ip=84ad from b2cfd156 test)
>    void Genode::Signal_transmitter::submit(unsigned int): failed - error 4
>    static void Genode::Pager_object::_page_fault_handler(Genode::addr_t):
> page fault, thread 'test', cpu 0, ip=84ad, fault
>    address=0x0

This means your test program is dereferencing a pointer to address 0,
i.e., a NULL pointer. The message represent what you may know as
"segmentation fault (SEGV)" from POSIX. So please check your program
why the pointer you're dereferencing points to 0. Does the program
work when compiled and executed on Linux?

Christian Helmuth