genode bare hardware on the odroids - howto?

Alexy Gallardo Segura alexy at ...210...
Mon Oct 19 13:57:24 CEST 2015

Hi Suriyan

On 14/10/15 01:17, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
> Hello wonderful people!
>     Greetings and thanks for the awesome work with genode.
>
>    I have been trying to run genode on bare hardware on the odroids ->
> odroid-x2/odroid-xu for which I presume - they are already supported
> (the release notes mention them).

In the case of ODROID-x2 does not support bw. Support for ODROID-x2
mentioned in the release notes is using the microkernel Fiasco.OC.

>     What is missing is a step by step guide of building say,
> nested_init or a simpler printf application which shows some output
> when run from the uboot prompt.
>
>     I tried following the instructions as mentioned in
> http://genode.org/documentation/platforms/hw (it generates an elf
> file, but then passing RUN_OPT="--target uboot" did not create the
> uImage file. Well, I did convert the elf to a bin file with objcopy
> and then converted that to an uImage file with mkimage. Am not sure if
> that is correct.
The guide for the compilation of genodeOS to bw must change the
following line

<genode-dir>/tool/create_builddir hw_<TARGET> BUILD_DIR=<build-dir>

by this line

<genode-dir>/tool/create_builddir foc_odroid_x2 BUILD_DIR=<build-dir>

in case you want to use the ODROID-x2

>     What, I ask is, is there a step by step which will get me an UART
> output from genode on any of the supported odroid's using the latest
> genode code from git? Any pointers to such a doc would be immensely
> helpful to me as I would like to explore genode.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Regards
> - Suriyan

best regards