run/noux_bash error

Abhay Amala amalaabhay at ...9...
Tue Oct 6 14:12:16 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your answers.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Christian Helmuth <
christian.helmuth at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello Abhay Amala,
>
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:53:04PM +0200, Abhay Amala wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am trying to run *run/noux_bash* on Linux. it compiles fine, but throws
> > an exception "*[init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue*" when
> it
> > runs. Can you please give me any idea? here goes the output if it is
> > required.
>
> Sorry, but running noux_bash on base-linux is limited to execute
> bash-internal commands. The reason is that we implemented the fork()
> syscall needed to execute child processes in UNIX programs is only
> implemented for microkernel platforms, e.g. base-nova.
>
> Regarding your input issue...
>
> > [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> > [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> > [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> > [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
>
> Did you sucessfully execute run/demo on base-linux?

I have tried to execute run/demo, but the same output, It also throws a
exception "[init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue" and gets
stuck.

> Do you run Linux in a virtual machine, e.g. VirtualBox?

Not a virtual machine.

> We repeatedly experience strange issues with SDL programs on Linux in VMs.
> In most cases SDL
> (or the programs) gets confused about absolute vs. relative mouse
> movement events. You could try to disable the SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE
> SDL feature, e.g., in bash with
>
>   export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0
>
> and run make run/noux_bash again. There exist some negative experience
> reports with this feature turned on in the WWW, e.g.,
>
>   https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=184905

I have also tried this, but still the same thing happens.

Best regards,
Abhay