run/noux_bash error

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Oct 6 08:40:01 CEST 2015

Hello Abhay Amala,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:53:04PM +0200, Abhay Amala wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to run *run/noux_bash* on Linux. it compiles fine, but throws
> an exception "*[init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue*" when it
> runs. Can you please give me any idea? here goes the output if it is
> required.

Sorry, but running noux_bash on base-linux is limited to execute
bash-internal commands. The reason is that we implemented the fork()
syscall needed to execute child processes in UNIX programs is only
implemented for microkernel platforms, e.g. base-nova.

Regarding your input issue...

> [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue
> [init -> fb_sdl] input overflow - resetting queue

Did you sucessfully execute run/demo on base-linux? Do you run Linux
in a virtual machine, e.g. VirtualBox? We repeatedly experience
strange issues with SDL programs on Linux in VMs. In most cases SDL
(or the programs) gets confused about absolute vs. relative mouse
movement events. You could try to disable the SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE
SDL feature, e.g., in bash with

  export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0

and run make run/noux_bash again. There exist some negative experience
reports with this feature turned on in the WWW, e.g.,

Christian Helmuth