Genode as a mobile operating system

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Mon Jul 27 17:42:25 CEST 2015

One possible target for Genode, aside from PCs and development boards,
would be smartphones. The security measures tend to be "don't install this
app if you don't want to give it these permissions." With Genode, this
problem is easy to fix. Also, security exploits would be a lot harder. It
seems to make sense to make a mobile operating system with Genode. We could
use Cyanogenmod and/or Android code for app and hardware support. I have an
old working android phone that I would be happy to use to test this, and
will probably have another available within a few weeks. Note that there
are no official Cyanogenmod ports for either device, but there might be an
unofficial port for one of them.