Transform native Genode port of lua library into an application for Genode's Noux runtime

Rolf Sommerhalder rolf.sommerhalder at ...278...
Mon Jul 27 16:37:36 CEST 2015

Update on building Noux packages for Lua and LuaJIT:

Today, I went down the rabbit hole and tried to build a noux-pkg from a
"Autotoolized Lua v5.3.0" with lua-5.3.0-autotoolize-r04.patch.bz2 from
http://djerius.github.io/autotoolized-lua/ .

However, 'make VERBOSE_MK= noux-pkg/luaAT' fails in the configure stage
	     SHELL=/bin/bash \
	     INSTALL_DIR="/home/rs/nizwa2/genode/master/build/linux_x86/bin"
  Program noux-pkg/luaAT/luaAT
    CONFIG   luaAT
Error: configure script of luaAT failed
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
configure: error: in
`/home/rs/nizwa2/genode/master/build/linux_x86/noux-pkg/luaAT':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details
make[2]: *** [Makefile] Error 1
make[1]: *** [luaAT.prg] Error 2
make: *** [gen_deps_and_build_targets] Error 2

Rather than trying to fix this, I prefer back out and learn how to
generate from target.mk a (dummy) configure script that satisfies the
build tool, and how to generate a suitable Makefile from the build &
install Makefiles of the original sources.

This appears to be the better approach, also as the author of LuaJIT
warns porters against attempts to "Autotoolize" his package...

So far, I could not find any Noux package that does not have/use
Autotools/configure but just a ready-made Makefile.
Is there any such example among the existing tree with noux-pkg, or
elsewhere?

Thanks for any hints,
Rolf