Re: Roadmap 2015

nyaaa at ...282... nyaaa at ...282...
Tue Jan 13 14:49:11 CET 2015

I've been looking from outside the fence what's happening inside the
Genode garden with great interest. To me, great incentives to step
inside would be:

* toolchain with full Ada support
* touch and pen input device support
* a structured handbook (PDF, EPUB)
* a bootable live system image suitable for development

As concerns platform support, it would be nice to have Genode running on
cheap hardware. Particularly interesting to me would be:

* Allwinner A20 SoC support for development boards
* Freescale i.MX 507 support for eBook readers

I should detail some further thoughts in a later mail. There's still a
lot to say, but Genode in general seems to be on a good path.

Not directly related to the software itself, is there a way to display
the mailing list archive in a nicer look? If I remember correctly, it
was around the time of the move to github or some other infrastructural
change, that the old view was changed. I think, back then, the theme was
similar to the look of
http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-devel@...283.../. It would be
great, if the old look could be restored.