Roadmap 2015

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Jan 6 12:33:06 CET 2015

Hello Martin,

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 09:59:05PM +0100, Martin Unzner wrote:
> sorry for the delay, but speaking of NAT components that spare IP
> addresses, I wanted to make you guys aware of my diploma thesis which
> treated exactly that topic, albeit on Linux:
>
> http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/papers_ps/unzner-diplom.pdf

Many thanks for mentioning your work again - it was somewhere in the
back of my head but ...

> My code base is quite small already, so all these issues call for a
> rewrite. I will see how far I can get with that effort, but it being a
> spare-time project of mine it is possible that I do not get anywhere at all.
>
> Hence, if somebody wanted to work in that direction I would be glad to
> support them.

Do you think it would be feasible to provide your current
implementation and link it in

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/114

as an alternative approach? This could be the initial ignition for a
joint spare-time project.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth