Roadmap 2015

Martin Unzner munzner at ...28...
Mon Jan 5 21:59:05 CET 2015

Hi all,

sorry for the delay, but speaking of NAT components that spare IP
addresses, I wanted to make you guys aware of my diploma thesis which
treated exactly that topic, albeit on Linux:

http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/papers_ps/unzner-diplom.pdf

In contrast to the source code that I wrote back then, for Genode, we
would require a C++ solution which does not need Rump kernel patches (as
that is not feasible in the long run) and performs a lot better. Also,
unit and integration tests are missing, and by now I think they are a
must-have.

My code base is quite small already, so all these issues call for a
rewrite. I will see how far I can get with that effort, but it being a
spare-time project of mine it is possible that I do not get anywhere at all.

Hence, if somebody wanted to work in that direction I would be glad to
support them.

Cheers!

Martin