tz_vmm on imx6

Fri Jan 2 12:44:26 CET 2015

Hi,

On 12/24/2014 10:49 AM, chirag garg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to run tz_vmm script over the imx6 platform. In which i
> have put Genode OS image (printf script) as a guest OS in the Normal
> world to test the switching between the Secure world to the Normal
> world. And the following is the output I am getting..
>

> Starting kernel ...
>
> kernel initialized
> Genode 14.11
> int main(): --- create local services ---
> Inside platform services 0
> Inside platform services 1
> Inside platform services 2
> Inside platform services 3
> int main(): --- start init ---
> int main(): transferred 250 MB to init
> int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
> [init] Could not open file "ld.lib.so <http://ld.lib.so>"
> [init] parent provides
> [init]   service "ROM"
> [init]   service "RAM"
> [init]   service "IRQ"
> [init]   service "IO_MEM"
> [init]   service "CAP"
> [init]   service "PD"
> [init]   service "RM"
> [init]   service "CPU"
> [init]   service "LOG"
> [init]   service "SIGNAL"
> [init]   service "VM"
> [init] child "tz_vmm"
> [init]   RAM quota:  3932160
> [init]   ELF binary: tz_vmm
> [init]   priority:   0
> [init -> tz_vmm] Start virtual machine ...
> kernel initialized
> Genode 14.08
> int main(): --- create local services ---
> int main(): --- start init ---
> int main(): transferred 509 MB to init
> int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
> [init] Could not open file "ld.lib.so <http://ld.lib.so>"
> [init -> test-printf] -1 = -1 = -1
> [init] virtual void Genode::Child_policy::exit(int): child exited with
> exit value 0
> [init -> tz_vmm]
>
> The last message on the window is [init -> tz_vmm] and nothing happens
> after that.
>
> Could you please let me know if this is the correct output?

Well, in general it looks good the whole guest scenario seems to
succeed. I don't know why the last uncompleted message is printed, but
it may be that at last some VM exception is caught by the VMM, but the
UART driver gets corrupted, because you use the UART device from both
world concurrently.
However, in general the world switch seems to work as expected.

Regards
Stefan