Fwd: TrustZone Address Space Controller

Fri Jan 2 12:36:11 CET 2015

Hi,

On 12/28/2014 01:40 PM, Franc sylvester wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have two query to understand Genode basics.
>
> I am not able to understand the explanation given for Bitfield at line
> #140 in
> repos/base/include/util/register.h
>
> " Bitfields are read and written according to their range, so if we have
> a 'Bitfield<2,3>' and write '0b11101' to it  only '0b101' (shiftet by 2
> bits) is written."
>
> can any body explain me what it means for ?

The Bitfield template has two template parameters: bit offset regarding
the position within the related register, and the bitfield's size in bits.
The example in the above cited comment represents bits 2, 3, and 4 of
the corresponding register. The comment is trying to explain that a
value greater than the bitfield's size gets truncated to these 3 bits
without further warnings.

> Stefan and Martin,
>
> I was trying to understand implemented TZASC driver in Genode for vea9x4
> board.
>
> can you suggest me some sources which have information used in
> repos/os/src/server/tz_vmm/vea9x4/tsc_380.h

Here is the reference manual from ARM:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0431c/DDI0431C_tzasc_tzc380_r0p1_trm.pdf

It is the only source used to implement the device driver mentioned above.
Of course the memory map of the Versatile Express Motherboard and the
Coretile Cortex A9x4 daughterboard is relevant too:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0447j/DUI0447J_v2m_p1_trm.pdf

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0448h/DUI0448H_v2p_ca9_trm.pdf

Regards
Stefan