Deployment of upstream library sources
norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Feb 6 10:10:17 CET 2015
welcome to the mailing list!
> we need a way to provide upstream library sources (i.e. the
> "contrib"-directory) in an environment without internet access.
> In order to make this task reasonably comfortable, I miss three features
> in the prepare tool:
I wonder if regular Unix tools could already safe your day. How about
the following workflow?
1. Clone the Genode repository on a machine with internet access:
git clone https://github.com/genodelabs/genode.git
2. Prepare all packages using Genode's ports tools:
./tool/ports/list | xargs -ixxx ./tool/ports/prepare_port xxx
Alternatively to using the output of the 'list' tool, you
may maintain a file with the list of ports you actually need.
3. Archive the './contrib' directory:
tar cfz contrib.tgz contrib
4. Transfer the 'contrib.tgz' archive to your machine that lacks
5. Extract the 'contrib.tgz' archive within in our genode directory.
Alternatively, you may unarchive the 'contrib.tgz' to a location of
your choice and create a symlink 'genode/contrib' pointing to the
location where you unpacked the contrib archive.
Would that work for you?
Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske
http://www.genode-labs.com · http://genode.org
Genode Labs GmbH · Amtsgericht Dresden · HRB 28424 · Sitz Dresden
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske, Christian Helmuth
More information about the users