Deployment of upstream library sources

Roman Iten roman.iten at ...304...
Thu Feb 5 17:40:05 CET 2015

Hi,

we need a way to provide upstream library sources (i.e. the
"contrib"-directory) in an environment without internet access.

In order to make this task reasonably comfortable, I miss three features
in the prepare tool:

1. Similar to "make -C ./build ...", "make prepare -C ./build" will
download all upstream sources required by the corresponding build.conf
file.

2. "make prepare ... --download-script download.sh" won't download
anything, but instead creates a script file which can be transferred to
a PC connected to the internet. There you can execute the script in
order to download the sources. The download directory can then be
transferred into the offline environment.

3. "make prepare ... --unpack [/path/to/download_dir]" unpacks the
downloaded upstream libraries to the local contrib directory.

What do you think? Is something like this possible? Or do you have any
other ideas/suggestions?

Regards
Roman