Deployment of upstream library sources

Roman Iten roman.iten at ...304...
Mon Feb 9 10:38:47 CET 2015

Hi Norman

>> we need a way to provide upstream library sources (i.e. the
>> "contrib"-directory) in an environment without internet access.
> I wonder if regular Unix tools could already safe your day. How about the following
> workflow?
>
> 1. Clone the Genode repository on a machine with internet access:
>
>     git clonehttps://github.com/genodelabs/genode.git
>
> 2. Prepare all packages using Genode's ports tools:
>
>     cd genode
>     ./tool/ports/list | xargs -ixxx ./tool/ports/prepare_port xxx
>
>     Alternatively to using the output of the 'list' tool, you
>     may maintain a file with the list of ports you actually need.

Thanks for mentioning ./tool/ports/list. I didn't think about that. The workflow you suggest will most likely meet our needs.

Just out of mere curiosity, there isn't yet (and in near future won't be) a way to create such a port list with additional version information? This way it's not necessary to reproduce the working directory of the offline computer on the online computer in order to download the correct versions of the ports.

Regards,
Roman