Develop Trustzone support for imx6

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue Apr 21 10:48:28 CEST 2015

Hi Thong,

On 21.04.2015 09:24, thong wrote:
> Hi Chirag garg,
>
> Thanks for your help. I tried to build your hw_sabrelite_tz_support
> branch as follow:
> RUN_OPT="--target uboot" make run/tz_vmm_mx6

The "--target uboot" option is a deprecated way of configuring the run
tool. Thus, I assume that you either have an old Genode state with the
IIT-Madras imx6-support (a pretty recent feature) rebased onto it, or
you have a Genode state that is up-to-date and applying the deprecated
run options mistakenly.

If you're on the iitmadras/hw_sabrelite_tz_support branch, the latter is
the case. Make sure that you've deleted your old build directory and
created a new one by doing:

$GENODE_DIR/tool/create_builddir hw_sabrelite_tz

Then, you should not set RUN_OPT by hand when calling 'make' but adapt
it in [1] to the following value:

RUN_OPT = --include boot_dir/hw --include image/uboot

For more details on the new run options, see chapter "Modular tool kit
for automated testing" in [2].

> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> MX6Q SABRESD U-Boot > fatload mmc 2:1 0x10001000 sabrelite.bin
> reading sabrelite.bin

According to [3], the text address of your image is 0x10001000. Thus, it
isn't a good idea to fatload the image to this address too. You should
use an address that is outside of any image-segment range (see [4]) and
outside the boot loader image. According to the Sabrelite RAM-config in
[5], 0x40000000 might be a good idea in your case.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] $BUILD_DIR/etc/build.conf
[2] http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/15.02
[3] $GENODE_DIR/base-hw/mk/spec-hw_sabrelite.mk
[4] genode-arm-objdump -ph $BUILD_DIR/var/run/$TARGET/image.elf
[5] $GENODE_DIR/base/include/platform/sabrelite/drivers/board_base.h