netpref with genode

Mhamad Hmad mhh.it1986 at ...9...
Mon Oct 20 12:29:55 CEST 2014

Hi Stefan ,

stefan.kalkowski at ...1...>:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/20/2014 11:57 AM, Mhamad Hmad wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > sorry for the previous email . it has been sent by mistake.
> >
> > I am trying to run the netperf_lwip but i am not able
> > i did the next
> >
> > form the port dir i prepare the netperf
> > from the build.conf i enabled the ports repository
> > then from the build.lx (the build dir for linux) i try to run the test ,
> > i prepared the libc and lwip fron the libports dir and enabled them also
> > in the build.conf .
> >
> > when i run the test it is  asked me to compile the netperf  client
> > version 2.6.0 on the host system ??
>
> The test you are trying to run is used to measure network performance.
> Within the test a netwerf instance is started within Genode on your
> test-machine, and on your developing machine (Linux system) another
> netperf instance needs to get started, which communicates with the
> Genode side. When doing netperf performance measures it is recommended
> to use the same version of the program at both ends of the communication
> channel. Therefore, you need to have the right netperf instance on your
> Linux machine in place, and that is what the run script is telling you.
> It requires that a 'netperf-2.6.0' binary is installed in one of the
> directories contained in your PATH variable. You might use the source
> code already downloaded via the make prepare step you've described. The
> third-party sources end up in the "contrib" directoy.
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>

> > any one can help .
> >
> > best.

> > Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
> > Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> > Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push notifications.
> > Take corrective actions from your mobile device.
> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

> --
> Stefan Kalkowski
> Genode Labs
>
> http://www.genode-labs.com/ ยท http://genode.org/

sorry for all these silly question ..
 so i need  execute
./configure  and then make in the netperf  dir in the "contrib" directory
 and then  i need to change the file name ?
and where i should copy it .

in the other hand , as i understood that the both end will be in the same
machine , what if i would like to test from remote machine .

thank you in advance

best ,