Hashing on ARM platform

David Goltzsche d.goltzsche at ...247...
Tue Oct 7 12:28:17 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I need cryptographic (hashing, at first) functions on my ARM platform
(i.MX53 QSB).

I found out that genode includes a portation of libcrpyto, but not for
ARM:

Skip library libcrypto because it requires x86
(btw: this message is not easy no spot, it should be highlighted, i
think ;) )

The file libports/lib/mk/libcrypto.mk says:

#
# ARM is not supported currently (needs testing)
#
REQUIRES = x86

Commenting out that requirement leads to linking errors like:

Library libcrypto
MERGE    libcrypto.lib.so
/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-ld: cannot find aes/aes_cbc.o: No
such file or directory
recipe for target 'libcrypto.lib.so' failed

What would be the steps to port libcrypto for ARM?

OR

Is genode capable of creating hashsums natively?

Regards
David