Booting genode/nova

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Fri Jun 20 21:08:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

Following now works - restart with amttool.

Also RUN_OPT="--target amt" make run/printf now seems to try to connect to
remote pc.

Nevertheless the simple printf  fails. (output attached below inline.)

It seems like remote machine gets connected, restarts.
Afterwards it boots normally.
In the output file there are two lines
    amtterm: RUN_SOL -> ERROR (failure)
    amtterm: ERROR: redir_data: unknown r->buf 0x29
After I read http://osdir.com/ml/general/2012-07/msg20818.html it seems like
expected that SOL breaks over reboot. It also seems that the genode script
tries to connect shortly afterwards.
    amtterm: CONNECT -> INIT (redirection initialization)
the thing is,that the other computer boots its os while the script is still
running and does not seem to boot genode over lan.
I also tried to change the boot sequence of the x201 to LAN/CD/HARDDISC.

Should it work in that way or is something additional needed.

---

I also tried the following:
- I created a partition with genode on the x201 where the demo boots from.
- from first I triggered RUN_OPT="--target amt" make run/demo
- on the x201 i manually selcted the genode demo in grub and started it.
On the first pc the last output which is seen is:
   serial-over-lan redirection ok
   connected now, use ^] to escape
And nothing afterwards.

>If this works amtterm can be invoked by
>    user> amtterm 10.1.1.2 -u admin -p <your password>
>and should give you a connection.

Must something be configured while building a genode/nova system so that
output COM3 is used?

Best regards,
Wolfgang

building targets: core init test/printf
spawn make core init test/printf
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/wolfgang/genrep/build.cc'
checking library dependencies...
  Library platform
  Library cxx
  Library syscall
  Library startup
  Library base-common
  Library base
  Library init_pd_args
  Library config
  Program init/init
  Program test/printf/test-printf
  Program core/core
    COMPILE  version.o
    LINK     core
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/wolfgang/genrep/build.cc'
genode build completed
using NOVA kernel at /home/wolfgang/genrep/build.cc/kernel/hypervisor
creating ISO image...
Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
Total translation table size: 2048
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 2066
Total directory bytes: 8192
Path table size(bytes): 64
Max brk space used 1b000
1508 extents written (2 MB)
spawn amttool 10.1.1.2 reset
host x201me., reset [y/N] ? y
execute: reset
result: pt_status: successspawn amtterm -u admin -p Test4ls! -v 10.1.1.2
amtterm: NONE -> CONNECT (connection to host)
ipv4 10.1.1.2 [10.1.1.2] 16994 open
amtterm: CONNECT -> INIT (redirection initialization)
amtterm: INIT -> AUTH (session authentication)
amtterm: AUTH -> INIT_SOL (serial-over-lan initialization)
amtterm: INIT_SOL -> RUN_SOL (serial-over-lan active)
serial-over-lan redirection ok
connected now, use ^] to escape
amtterm: RUN_SOL -> ERROR (failure)
amtterm: ERROR: redir_data: unknown r->buf 0x29
spawn amtterm -u admin -p Test4ls! -v 10.1.1.2
amtterm: NONE -> CONNECT (connection to host)
ipv4 10.1.1.2 [10.1.1.2] 16994 open
amtterm: CONNECT -> INIT (redirection initialization)
amtterm: INIT -> AUTH (session authentication)
amtterm: AUTH -> INIT_SOL (serial-over-lan initialization)
amtterm: INIT_SOL -> RUN_SOL (serial-over-lan active)
serial-over-lan redirection ok
connected now, use ^] to escape
xð~xð~Error: Test execution timed out
make: *** [run/printf] Fehler 254