Booting genode/nova

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Tue Jun 17 20:44:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

Still no luck.

what is meant with "active the network p"?

I have linked both machines directly with fixed ips.

I enabled the following settings on the x201: Username&Password (also tried
to disable it, but no change), SOL, IDER, Legacy Redirection Mode, KVM,

    AMT_PASSWORD=<your password> amttool 10.1.1.2 info
gave only: '401 Unauthorized at /usr/bin/amttool line 126'
    AMT_PASSWORD=Test4ls!
    echo $AMT_PASSWORD
showed nothing.

In a root console i can set and get with echo the passwort.

But also in root console it fails with same error.

I looked in the AMTTOOL script. In the script i changed the user to the one
i created in the web ui. Also nothing changed.

Funnily i can do the following:

    amtterm 10.1.1.2 -u admin -p 'verysecretpasswortNarf!'
or
    amtterm 10.1.1.2 -u specialuser -p 'Test4ls!'

this says that redirection is okay. So username seems to be correct, but
there is no conenction with amttool

Oh, and it does not work if i enter the paswort manually, only with quotes
and parameter -p.

At the moment I'm a little bit frustrated by AMT.

Finally the following worked to get the amttool working: I har coded the
passowrd in the AMTTOOL script.
Security at it's best...

So thanks for the direction. The thing with the script i try over the long
weekend.

Best regards,
Wolfgang