Configuring Virtualbox

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Thu Jul 31 18:33:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

maybe if you are interested you could also look at the cosmos os project. It
uses VirtualBox and has also the preconfigured that debug is done via an
serial VirtualBox interface in both ways (Quite nice, set a breakpoint in
VS, let the OS stop, change a variable and continue).

Best regards,
Wolfgang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Alexander Boettcher
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:48 AM
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Configuring Virtualbox

Hi,

On 30.07.2014 12:06, Christian Menard wrote:
> is there any way to change the settings of the virtual machine started on
> Genode?

We use for the Genode port the VBoxBFE Frontend of Virtualbox, which has
a more or less static configuration. Look for a file called VBoxBFE.cpp
in the contrib/virtualbox-<hash>/ directory. There you may change the
configuration during compile time.

> For instance by providing a *.vbox config file?

Good hint, we will have definitely a look for that. The VBoxBFE Frontend
we are currently using is dropped with beginning of Virtualbox 4.3.+ -
so we will have to write/maintain our own version anyway as soon as we
upgrade VBox. There we could incorporate support for using *.vbox
configuration files.

Cheers,

Alex.