Configuring Virtualbox

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Thu Jul 31 08:48:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 30.07.2014 12:06, Christian Menard wrote:
> is there any way to change the settings of the virtual machine started on
> Genode?

We use for the Genode port the VBoxBFE Frontend of Virtualbox, which has
a more or less static configuration. Look for a file called VBoxBFE.cpp
in the contrib/virtualbox-<hash>/ directory. There you may change the
configuration during compile time.

> For instance by providing a *.vbox config file?

Good hint, we will have definitely a look for that. The VBoxBFE Frontend
we are currently using is dropped with beginning of Virtualbox 4.3.+ -
so we will have to write/maintain our own version anyway as soon as we
upgrade VBox. There we could incorporate support for using *.vbox
configuration files.

Cheers,

Alex.