Process creation on Fiasco.OC / L4

Stark, Josef j.stark at ...256...
Wed Jul 30 18:46:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to find out how process creation (and termination) is done on the Fiasco.OC/L4 platform. I took a look at cli_monitor and launchpad apps and tried to trace the function calls to fiasco.OC/L4 but I am not very experienced and didn't succeed. If anyone could give me some hints and push me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
(Just to clarify: I am not interested in how to create/terminate processes in genode but rather in how Genode creates (starts) processes on Fiasco.OC, e.g. which Fiasco-Procedures (or L4) get called in order to do so.
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Josef