Process creation on Fiasco.OC / L4

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Thu Jul 31 00:57:47 CEST 2014

Hello Josef,

On 30.07.2014 18:46, Stark, Josef wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to find out how process creation (and termination) is done on the Fiasco.OC/L4 platform. I took a look at cli_monitor and launchpad apps and tried to trace the function calls to fiasco.OC/L4 but I am not very experienced and didn't succeed. If anyone could give me some hints and push me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
> (Just to clarify: I am not interested in how to create/terminate processes in genode but rather in how Genode creates (starts) processes on Fiasco.OC, e.g. which Fiasco-Procedures (or L4) get called in order to do so.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
> Josef

The relevant Fiasco.OC-specific code is located in 'repos/base-foc/src/core', in particular in the 'platform_pd.cc' and
'platform_thread.cc' files. 'Platform_pd' is responsible for the creation of a Fiasco.OC task and 'Platform_thread' creates the
threads in a task.

HTH
Christian