Creating your first Genode application - Build succesful, butexecution fails

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Apr 21 20:47:10 CEST 2014

Hello Wolfgang,

> Will try it out as soon as i have time.
> Maybe a side question. on
> http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/build_system it is
> stated that every custom source code repository will need a "lib/mk" folder.
> But i have not seen if there needs to be something manually inserted in the
> folder?

this folder is actually not strictly required. It is needed only if your
repository hosts libraries, which is not the case if it merely contains
an application.

Most repositories contain libraries. But if you take a look at the
'hello_tutorial/' repository, for instance, you won't find a 'lib/'
subdirectory there. Maybe, we could relax the wording in the manual a
bit. Thank you for pointing out such ambiguities in the documentation.

Cheers and happy hacking!