MMIO classes

Aditya Kousik adit267.kousik at ...9...
Tue Apr 8 11:29:24 CEST 2014

Hello,

This doubt is more C++ than Genode. The MMIO framework is brilliant for R/W
access. The way it goes is that, I create structures and successively
inherit Register and Bitfield structures. But would it be wrong if I create
an object of the structures and call 'write' and 'read' methods?

Say, struct Register_New : Register<0x4a, 32> { };

and struct Register_New ob;
      write<ob>(0x5);

The above is just an example. What is normally done is
write<Register_New>(0x5).
The template in the Mmio class if of Register::Register_base type. But an
object to this struct is also Register. So, is there any negative aspect to
this?

What I am currently trying out is trying to hold an array of Registers that
has such objects for some level of automation. And I don't think
Register_array is what I'd look for.

Thanks for your patient replies
Aditya