Creating your first Genode application - Build succesful, butexecution fails

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Mon Apr 21 20:19:39 CEST 2014

Hi Norman,

thanxs, the freeze was exactly that qemu was showing the UI but nothing
reacted.
Using display sdl option helped.

>I figured that the hello-tutorial may actually not be the easiest way to
>start as it contains many details that are not needed for realizing
>applications on top of Genode.

>For creating your very first program, it would probably be better to
>inspect an even simpler scenario such as 'run/printf'. You can find the
>corresponding run script at 'base/run/printf.h' and the source code and
>target.mk file for the program at 'base/src/test/printf/'. Once you got
>comfortable with modifying and running it, start to explore to other run
>scripts. Also, do not hesitate to look under the hood of the run tool to
>learn how it works. (e.g., what happens when a command
>'build_boot_image' is invoked?) The run tool is actually a script to be
>found at 'tool/run'. The platform-specific parts are located at
>'base-<platform>/run/env'.

Will try it out as soon as i have time.
Maybe a side question. on
http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/build_system it is
stated that every custom source code repository will need a "lib/mk" folder.
But i have not seen if there needs to be something manually inserted in the
folder?

Best regards,
Wolfgang