Porting on i.MX6

Frank Kaiser frank.kaiser at ...24...
Mon Jul 15 12:05:44 CEST 2013

Hello, Archie

When you download the image to 0x10800000 and the load address is 0x10001000 with an uncompressed size of 4.2 MB, then bootm should not run into an address overlap while unpacking the image, because the unpacked data should end below 0x10500000. You could set the download address higher, if there is doubt, but you have to avoid the address range where the bootloader is running

There are many other pitfalls you could run into:

*         Is the board’s physical address range correctly setup in the image?

*         Is the UART port where you want to receive console messages correctly setup in the image?

*         Is the corrrect interrupt controller chosen in the image (GIC 1.0, not TZIC)?

*         Are other relevant HW resources (IO memory addresses) correctly configured?

At least check that the platform adaption to your board is complete and correct.

Frank

From: Archie Nidhi [mailto:anubhavnidhi1009 at ...9...]
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:45 AM
To: Genode OS Framework Mailing List
Subject: Re: Porting on i.MX6

Again thanks for your reply , the board we are using is Nitrogen 6X ,now the size of our uncompressed file is 4.2MB and compressed is 1.8 MB , the RAM base address of our board is 0x10000000 and  RAM size is 0x40000000 , we tried booting by assigning  load address as 0x10001000
 and the entry point as 10001000 and tftp 0x10800000 . We are stuck at starting kernel

Bytes transferred = 1829585 (1bead1 hex)

U-Boot > bootm
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 10800000 ...
   Image Name:
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1829521 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
   Load Address: 10001000
   Entry Point:  10005d70
   Verifying Checksum ... OK