Genode 12.11 on Ubuntu 64 bits: Could not open file "ld.lib.so" seems to cause black window

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jan 16 12:22:39 CET 2013

Hi Paul,

> he he, I wish I would have read tool_chain.txt before.

this is actually the text as found at our website (the website is
generated from the text files found in the genode repository:

  http://genode.org/download/tool-chain

> I was merely following instructions in getting_started.txt that is not
> very clear:
> "Furthermore, you will need to install the official Genode toolchain, which
> you can download at [http://genode.org/download/tool-chain]."
> That's probably where I would add a comment to read tool_chain.txt
> (probably replacing the link).

See above. ;-)

> So I was quite a bit on my own on how to install it. When I open it in
> preview I saw it was like a root, so I tried to extract it on /. But I
> was not remembering what was the bzip2 flag to use rather than the
> slightly more usual gzip one. I finally did a 'sudo file-roller'.
> I then did add the PATH merely because I tought it was a new gcc that
> was overriding the system one by being in the PATH. It was not
> something I did read.
>
> Would it be possible to replace (or add) the too terse readme in
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/genode/files/genode-toolchain/ by an
> extract of/or tool_chain.txt?

I think the best would be to just provide a link to
http://genode.org/download/tool-chain. Otherwise, we would need to
remember keeping those texts consistent in the future. I just changed
the readme text at the sourceforge download page accordingly:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/genode/files/genode-toolchain/12.11/