Latest Attempt at GENODE on NOVA

Thu Dec 26 21:05:35 CET 2013

Hi Lonnie,

On 12/26/2013 08:29 PM, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Now I have been able to continue with the build from step 10 in my list:
>
>>From step 10,
>     cd ~/genode/libports; make prepare
>     cd ~/genode/qt4; make prepare
>
> This step completed well.
>
> 11.  Now go into the "build" directory and do the make for seoul
>
>       cd ~/genode/gnova64
>       make run/seoul-fancy
>
> A lot of compiling and then errors here:
>     .
>     .
>     .
>     COMPILE  model/vbios.o
>     COMPILE  model/vcpu.o
>     COMPILE  model/vga.o
>     COMPILE  network.o
>     COMPILE  nova_user_env.o
>     LINK     vancouver
>   Library launchpad
>     COMPILE  launchpad.o
>     MERGE    launchpad.lib.a
>   Program app/launchpad/launchpad
>     COMPILE  launcher.o
>     COMPILE  launchpad_window.o
>     COMPILE  main.o
>     LINK     launchpad
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lonnie/genode/gnova64'
> genode build completed
> cp: cannot stat `bin/nic_drv': No such file or directory

it seems that the seoul-fancy run script requires a nic driver. So, you
need to enable the iPXE repository. Again, uncomment the following in
the etc/build.conf:

#REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/dde_ipxe

Moreover, do a "make prepare" in the dde_ipxe directory of the Genode
sources. Good luck.

Regards
Stefan

--