How to make rm-sessions upgradeable?

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Sep 18 12:20:44 CEST 2012

Hi Taru,

> I'll write and submit the following patches:
>
> 1) expand Expanding_rm_session_client to handle the necessary functions
> 2) create Expanding_cpu_session_client and the assorted fixes (I have
> this code already and just need to polish it).

that sounds good. :-)

Btw, I think that the 'Expanding_*' classes are not really elegant right
now. There is quite a bit of code duplication. Adding the case for CPU
sessions will further add repetitions.

Maybe it would be beneficial to separate the retry logic (the do loop
for executing a RPC function, upgrading the session if the function
fails in a particular way, retry after upgrade) from the actual RPC
function call? I haven't had a good idea how to do that exactly but my
basic approach would be to implement the do loop in a generic way that
takes the code for the RPC function call as functor argument. What do
you think? Would you like to give it a try?

> ps. Thanks for the patience to help with this.

You are very welcome.