Stabilized Root File System for Genode on Fiasco

Raja Sekhar rajasekharreddy.br at ...9...
Thu Jun 7 15:15:43 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Stefan Kalkowski <
stefan.kalkowski at ...1...> wrote:

> Hello Raja Sekhar,
>
> On 07.06.2012 13:55, Raja Sekhar wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >

> >               I am running Genode12.05 on Fiasco kernel on top  of
> > Ubuntu .here i am running l4linux... my problem is... i don't want to
> > boot every time .iso file.
>
> I guess you mean that you normally use the l4linux run-script? If you
> want to build L4Linux on top of Genode without QEMU being started after
> every build, simply don't use a run-script. You can build the components
> you like manually, e.g.: 'make core init drivers l4linux'.
>
> Or, if you want to use the run-script e.g. to build a ready to use
> ISO-image, just comment out the stuff in the run-script that executes
> QEMU, especially the line that starts with 'run_genode_until'.
>
> > I want a stabilized Root File System. can u
> > suggest me how to fix a Root File System permanently
>
> Seriously, I don't know what you mean by this. Do you mean the
> root-filesystem used by the l4linux run-script contains bugs, or what is
> the problem?
>
> what am i asking is ...... generally in our system. if i download any file
or something else. it will store in my root file system. after restarting
my system. it will be there .. because of it's not a virtual file file
system.

like that i want.  when i boot that l4linux.iso i will get a terminal.
there if gave

$ qemu-system-i386 -no-kvm -m 128 -serial unix:/tmp/qemu-pipe,server,nowait
-serial mon:stdio -net nic,model=e1000 -net user -cdrom var/run/l4linux.iso

after giving this i will get qemu window
inside that i'm giving

               $wget
http://genode-labs.com/publications/bastei-design-2006.pdf

now that .pdf file is downloading...

again when i reboot it. there is no downloaded pdf.

i want it to be there....

*Thanks & Regard*
RajaSekhar Bhumi