Stabilized Root File System for Genode on Fiasco

Thu Jun 7 23:04:05 CEST 2012

Hello again,

On 07.06.2012 15:15, Raja Sekhar wrote:
> what am i asking is ...... generally in our system. if i download any
> file or something else. it will store in my root file system. after
> restarting my system. it will be there .. because of it's not a virtual
> file file system.
>
> like that i want.  when i boot that l4linux.iso i will get a terminal.
> there if gave
>
> $ qemu-system-i386 -no-kvm -m 128 -serial
> unix:/tmp/qemu-pipe,server,nowait -serial mon:stdio -net nic,model=e1000
> -net user -cdrom var/run/l4linux.iso
>
> after giving this i will get qemu window
> inside that i'm giving
>
>                $wget
> http://genode-labs.com/publications/bastei-design-2006.pdf
>
> now that .pdf file is downloading...
>
> again when i reboot it. there is no downloaded pdf.
>
> i want it to be there....

The L4Linux scenario you're using (which is simply an automated test to
check whether l4linux is still compiling and running that is triggered
nightly by our buildbot) starts a L4Linux instance with network,
framebuffer, and serial line support, but without any block-device. You
can see that already by investigating how QEMU and it's command-line
arguments work. There is no block-device enabled given your posted QEMU
command (beside the cd-rom). L4Linux uses an initramfs only, no
persistence storage is involved here.

Nevertheless, in general it's possible to use a block-device in L4Linux,
and thereby have the ability to store things persistently. You might use
the l4android run-script as a starting-point. In that scenario L4Linux
uses a harddisk.

Regards
Stefan

--