L4Android on Genode

Steffen Liebergeld steffen at ...37...
Fri Jun 10 15:23:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am one of the authors of L4Android.

On 10.06.2011 15:12, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> On 10.06.2011 14:34, Magnus Andersson wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> just read through the release note for Genode 11.05 and noticed the
>> support for L4Linux by emulating L4re.
>> By emulating the L4re shouldn't the L4Android (http://l4android.org/)
>> port of Android work as well?
>
> In general yes, but its untested. Currently we only support a specific
> version of L4Linux (corresponds to Linux 2.6.37), which should perfectly
> match the L4Android version. Furthermore, we rely on the recent VCPU
> feature in Fiasco.OC, I'm not sure whether L4Android supports the VCPU
> feature, respectively if it is tested with VCPUs enabled.
> If this is the case, than there is only some minor tweaking to do.
> Probably one has to change our tiny L4Linux patch a bit to match L4Android.

L4Android is actually based on L4Linux, so applying the Genode-Patch to
L4Android should work. Actually we are interested if that works, so if
you have results, it would be cool if you would share them.

Please feel free to contect me with further questions about L4Android.

Regards,
Steffen
--
Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Liebergeld <steffen at ...37...>
Security in Telecommunications