Two ways on running Android on top of Genode

Magnus G. Andersson Magnus.G.Andersson at ...77...
Tue Jun 14 17:55:15 CEST 2011

Hi everybody

As I can see it there are two ways you can run Android on top of Genode.

1.       Port it, like L4Android, make it a para-virtualized system, or

2.       Run Android natively on Genode
Well, option number two is more of running Android apps not the whole Android OS if I have understood it correct?

But my question about this is, which one do you think is best, with regards to security, updates and performance?

By running Android as para-virtualized, shouldn't an attack be constrained inside the Android OS, because the underlying software (Genode) isn't visible and can't be reached?
Updates on the system might be hard in both cases, or what do you think?

The reason for this question is that I'm currently doing my master thesis with the aim of implementing Android on a system allowing other programs or OSes to be run in parallel with Android and I found that Genode looks like a great candidate for doing this

Regards
Magnus