L4Android on Genode

Fri Jun 10 15:12:05 CEST 2011

Hi Magnus,

On 10.06.2011 14:34, Magnus Andersson wrote:
> Hi
>
> just read through the release note for Genode 11.05 and noticed the
> support for L4Linux by emulating L4re.
> By emulating the L4re shouldn't the L4Android (http://l4android.org/)
> port of Android work as well?

In general yes, but its untested. Currently we only support a specific
version of L4Linux (corresponds to Linux 2.6.37), which should perfectly
match the L4Android version. Furthermore, we rely on the recent VCPU
feature in Fiasco.OC, I'm not sure whether L4Android supports the VCPU
feature, respectively if it is tested with VCPUs enabled.
If this is the case, than there is only some minor tweaking to do.
Probably one has to change our tiny L4Linux patch a bit to match L4Android.

> Also, does the emulation on L4re only work when running Genode on top if
> Fiasco.OC?

Yes, that's fully true. L4Linux, and our L4Re replacement (which is only
a very small subset with respect to the whole L4Re) relies on the
Fiasco.OC API. Especially, the usage of the already mentioned VCPU
feature inherently ties both down to Fiasco.OC.

Regards
Stefan