additional question from "memcpy, strlen etc."

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Jan 22 08:47:02 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

> As an addition to the previous post by me, I have some pre-existing C code that
> I want to use in a Genode server I have created, and I don't really want to
> change this code. Currently, i'm not able to utilize functions like printf,
> memcpy etc in the C code i've written. What header files can I include to ensure
> that functions like memcpy and printf work in my code? From what I can see, the
> build process does not recognize the standard header files at all.

the functionality you are referring to is provided by the C library.
Just include the 'libc' repository to the 'REPOSITORIES' declaration
of your '<builddir>/etc/build.conf'. This way, Genode's build system
will incorporate the C library into the build process. For using the
C library for your program, you need to add 'libc' to the 'LIBS' of
your 'target.mk' file. For more information, please refer to
'libc/README'.