additional question from "memcpy, strlen etc."

Frank Kaiser frank.kaiser at ...24...
Fri Jan 29 10:32:25 CET 2010

Hello

There is an implementation of some of these functions callable by C code
in base/src/base/cxx/misc.cc which becomes part of cxx.lib.a, but I
don't see a C header file which exports the interfaces. Depending on the
target setup the compiler either takes the header file(s) from itself
(system) or from Genode's libc, but the implementation is taken from the
cxx library (since it appears in the LIBS list of all targets). I'd
prefer to have header files which are created from the sources they are
referring to instead of taking them from elsewhere (although I admit
that prototypes of memcpy() or printf() should be the same on most
systems).

Frank

C code

> that

> > I want to use in a Genode server I have created, and I don't really
want to

> > change this code. Currently, i'm not able to utilize functions like
printf,

> > memcpy etc in the C code i've written. What header files can I
include to

> ensure

> > that functions like memcpy and printf work in my code? From what I
can see,

------

> Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts
the

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
Conference

> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
through

> interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established
companies.