Further questions

Peter Nguyen peter.nguyen at ...29...
Wed Jan 6 01:00:23 CET 2010

Hi,

Thanks you very much for that. I now have it running.

I have another question about Genode. More specifically, I was wondering whether
any of the Iguana services at all. I ask this given that the weaver.xml file
refers to memsections and pds (i'm assuming that means protection domains).

Peter

----- Forwarded message from Norman Feske <norman.feske at ...1...> -----
    Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:43:36 +0100
    From: Norman Feske <norman.feske at ...1...>
 Subject: Re: Broken assertion

Hi Peter,

this is a different error as the one mentioned in the Wiki. It actually
tells you what's wrong. ;-) In the 'weaver.xml' file, there is a
memsection referring to a file called 'config'. This is the
configuration file of Genode's init process. You can use a copy of
the template provided at 'os/config/demo'. You can either specify this
file as filename for the 'config' module entry in 'weaver.xml' or copy
it to your '<builddir>/bin/' directory (and of course rename it to
'config'). This bit was missing in the Wiki. So I added it to the Wiki
page. Thank you for pointing it out.

Norman