Configuring the TAP version of the HTTP server

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Feb 23 16:34:48 CET 2010

Peter,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:47:10PM +1030, Peter Nguyen wrote:
> So i copied the three scripts Sven provided, and I am not able to get
> the bridged connection working. Every time i run the script, the
> current eth0 connection is closed, and another ethernet connection is
> created that results in no interaction with the outside world. When i
> close the server and run the ifdown.sh script, the ethernet connection
> goes back to normal.

Sounds strange, but I'm not very familiar with bridged setups. Maybe
it does not work this way for you as it seems to work suboptimal for
Sven too. He wrote

  Perhaps you must prevent local networking from using the bridged
  interface (for whatever reason, this does not seem to work in my
  case)

and configures his host to route over his wireless - Sven?

> Am i meant to follow the instructions you provided in your email
> before i run these scripts? I tried doing that myself and it didn't
> work.

No, Sven's scripts should work without my notes.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth