Cannot Link Genode 9.02 for L4Ka::Pistachio (With minimal customisation for i9)

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Apr 11 21:54:15 CEST 2009

Hi Tyson,

the issue may originate from your PISTACHIO_USER_BUILD_DIR declaration
being a relative path. Could you try specifying the absolute directory
instead? The build system includes the 'pistachio.conf' from each target
directory. Hence, a relative location is ambiguous. However, to avoid
specifying a hard-coded absolute pathname, you could refer to the
following variables provided by Genode's build system:

  BUILD_BASE_DIR - absolute location of your Genode build directory
  BASE_DIR       - absolute location of the 'genode/base' directory

So the content of your 'pistachio.conf' file could be as such:

  PISTACHIO_USER_BUILD_DIR = $(BUILD_BASE_DIR)/../pistachio/user/build

BTW, have you tried using the 'create_builddir' tool in Genode's
'tool/builddir' directory? Since the release 9.2, this tool can be
called with 'pistachio_x86' as argument.