Sculpt 23.10 Release Candidate

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Oct 23 08:44:59 CEST 2023

Hello John,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 19:58:51 CEST, John J. Karcher wrote:
> Interesting.  Is there any chance that the updated USB HID driver
> would enable Wacom touchscreen and pen support?  On my ThinkPad
> Yoga, touching the screen or using the pen still doesn't work, but
> locks out all future mouse clicks, using version 2023.10.10.

We did not address USB touchscreen support in the updated HID driver,
but disabled absolute motion handling for now. I do not have a Wacom
device at hand but my ELAN touchscreen reports BTN_LEFT press/release
on touch and logs dropped events.

  Dropping unsupported Event[1/2] device=HID 04f3:2269 Touchscreen type=ABS code=X value=2212

For some reason, the Linux driver code seems to interpret your Wacom
events differently and confuses the input handling. You may have a
look at it with the event filter <log> feature.

1. Copy /config/managed/event_filter to /config/
2. Find line <input name="usb"/> in /config/event_filter
4. Examine /report/log for the reported input events

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/
https://floss.social/@genode · https://genodians.org/