Sculpt 23.10 Release Candidate

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Fri Oct 20 19:58:51 CEST 2023

On 10/20/23 08:32, Christian Helmuth wrote:

> The upcoming Sculpt release
> utilizes the new USB HID driver, which seems to have increased
> resource demands (capabilities in this case). As the drivers subsystem
> builds on a static init runtime the resource request is not
> automatically solved.
>
> I increased the cap quota for usb_hid_drv and published a new RC
> image based on the current staging branch. Note, RC9 is just an image
> update, no depot archives changed from RC8.

Interesting.  Is there any chance that the updated USB HID driver would
enable Wacom touchscreen and pen support?  On my ThinkPad Yoga, touching
the screen or using the pen still doesn't work, but locks out all future
mouse clicks, using version 2023.10.10.

Has anyone else tried this?

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher