Sculpt 23.10 Release Candidate

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Fri Oct 20 06:38:51 CEST 2023

On 10/10/23 05:24, Christian Helmuth wrote:
> Hello Sculpt users,
>
> we entered the testing phase for the upcoming Sculpt 23.10. Before the
> final release, we like to invite early adopters to give our release
> candidate a try and report back experiences (or issues) with their use
> cases.
>
> The current candidate is RC4 and can be retrieved via the "System ->
> Update" dialog in entry https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth of your
> current Sculpt installation. Alternatively, you may download the image
> from the following URL.
>
>    https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth/image/sculpt-pc-2023-10-10.img.xz
>
> Happy Sculpting
>
> Christian

Thanks for this opportunity, Christian!

I've taken it for a quick spin, and didn't notice any problems.  I'm
going to try some more advanced things - is there anything in particular
we should be looking out for?

(BTW, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the update
mechanism!)

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com