Wireguard timers

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Mon May 29 10:07:48 CEST 2023

Hello Martin

We have managed to provide RTC to wireguard and the handshake with a
remote peer now works reliably when it's initiated.

But we have discovered another problem in that the timers do not fire at
all for wireguard, thereby preventing retransmission of lost handshakes.
This prevents our scenario from with DHCP from working as the IP address
isn't yet configured when wireguard first tries to connect.

We have traced the setup of the timers and found no obvious reason for
them not to work. The problem seems to exist independent of our RTC fix.

Do you have any ideas why the timers wouldn't be working for wireguard?

Cheers
Stefan

--
Freundliche Grüsse