Rockchip USB revisited

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Fri Mar 17 10:35:58 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 11:59:06AM +0100, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 17:59, Michael Grunditz
> <michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > To cross-check, does the creation of the binary archive
> > > bin/arm_v8a/a64_usb_host_drv using the genode-allwinner repository work
> > > as it should?
> > >
> > Thanks for help! It builds ( but no cigar!).  I managed to put a
> > comment in a list , so everything failed :-)
>
> Seems like my linux kernel changed paging code.. quite a lot. This
> will take some time.
> Do you generate the "dep" files automatically? I gave up and added all headers.

In general, we do not use the depot packing during development of a
new driver, but use something like: `build { drivers/usb_host/rkxxx }
inside the test run-script instead. Therefore, you do not have to
update the dep files again and again.

Apart from that, we have the little helper tool:
`tool/dde_linux/list_dependencies` to automatically create the dep
file.

Regards
Stefan

Stefan Kalkowski