jitterentropy base genode nstime.h for virt riscv

Pranab Kumar Rout cs21m045 cs21m045 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Wed Mar 1 07:21:52 CET 2023

Hi,
Thank you for the help. I have successfully written the function: *inline
void jent_get_nstime(__u64 *out)* for riscv also, and its working fine.
please have a look:

> #ifndef _JITTERENTROPY_RISCV_BASE_GENODE_NSTIME_H_
> #define _JITTERENTROPY_RISCV_BASE_GENODE_NSTIME_H_
> static inline void jent_get_nstime(__u64 *out)
> {
> uint64_t t;
>     asm volatile ("rdtime %0" : "=r" (t));
>     *out = t;
> }
> #endif

This code reads the current time in cycles from the real-time clock (RTC)
of the RISC-V processor and stores it in the t variable. The out pointer
argument is dereferenced and the value of t is stored at the location it
points to.

Thanks & regards,
Pranab