ath9k usb Wi-Fi driver

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Fri Jun 23 16:33:58 CEST 2023

Hi Colin,

> I think I understand the logic of this commit, and in general it seems to
> me a better way of handling the scheduling. I used cherry-pick to add it to
> my branch [1], and it seemed to work the same as before. That said, I am
> unable to trigger the signal handler issue with my hardware, even using
> 'sudo ping -f'.

Thanks for testing, so I'll keep an eye out on my side.

> Ok, I think there won't need to be many changes to the wireless stack, but
> the USB emulation code needs to be somewhere. So I suppose I should add a
> lx_emul_usb.c to the dde_linux/lib/wifi directory, and besides that it will
> require the code from wlan_usb.cc and wlan_usb.h to be copied somewhere. As
> a most convenient option that can be in the same directory. Alternatively
> such code could live somewhere in lx_kit/lx_emul independent of wifi, if
> someone wanted to use it for porting another type of USB device driver, but
> for now that might be too optimistic.

Putting the code into either 'src/lib/wifi' or perhaps 'src/lib/usb_wifi'
in the dde_linux repository is fine. It has to be picked-up explicitly by
the component/library that wants to use it anyway and is of no concern
to the other drivers.

Regards
Josef

--