ath9k usb Wi-Fi driver

Colin Parker cvparker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 05:41:55 CEST 2023

Josef,
    Fantastic!

I am happy to confirm that your driver also works with my Ralink-based
> D-Link dongle (running via USB passthrough in QEMU and flood pinging it
> from the out-site). I encountered the I/O signal handling issue once
> but since its a known problem I mostly ignored that for now.

I had chased that away in "normal" use, but I'm not surprised you could
trigger it with a ping flood.

> I added the missing feature to the generic driver binary and changed the
> 'wifi_ath9k.run' run-script to use that instead of the specific one.
>
> (I pushed the corresponding branches called 'usb_wifi-2023-06-11' for
> the genode and genode-world repo.)

I switched to those branches, it works for both my dongles (I suppose the
correct branch name is cnuke/ath9k_driver_support-2023-06-11 for
genode-world).

If I understand it right, the remaining suggestions are to switch to
virt_linux and to re-implement USB with the "Connection" object. For the
former I may take a look at it this weekend if I have time. I may also try
to build a Sculpt configuration around usb_report_filter and supporting
both dongles with the same configuration. Regarding the latter there is
supposed to be a change to Genode's USB structures pending so maybe I'll
just wait to see what happens with that?

Best,
CP